I tag each post on this blog with some categorical classification, and one I started using a few years ago is Damian’s Favorites – this tag represents what I feel are the best posts on this site (or at least the ones I wish got read more than the others). Periodically I like to do “Best Of” recap posts; I did one in 2011 and one in 2014, so I figured I’m due. Below are some of my favorite posts I’ve written since my last
rerun post recap in September 2014:
- Looking Back, Looking Forward (December 2014): Decompression, at long last, and a brief moment of clarity.
- The Rubik’s Cube and the 10,000 Foot View (September 2015): A peek behind the scenes; how we all come together to make it happen.
- The #Quartweet Project (October 2015): What happens when a string quartet from Germany meets third graders from New Jersey… and asks them to keep it brief.
- Deven Black (January 2016): Elegy for an educator.
- Arts Advisory Council: Origins (August 2016): My efforts at putting research into practice and distributing leadership throughout our district arts program.
- Arts Advisory Council: Year In Review & Looking Ahead (August 2016): Making a good thing even better.
Happy New Year, everyone; let’s make 2016-2017 the best one yet.